A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Don't Settle

On numerous occasions I have said how picky I am or that I get bored with girls easily. Being picky isn't necessarily a bad thing and getting bored is a defense against getting stuck in a monotonous relationship. Lets look into this.

Like I said in Single And Happy, I can get a girlfriend if I want, I can date someone tomorrow if I want but that does not mean that I will be content and happy with the relationship. I see a lot of people in those boring monotonous relationships that lose the spark after 3 months but still manage to last 3 years. I always wonder, what is the point? It's settling and I refuse to settle. I have seen people who have been together for years and then get married "because [they] have been together for so long and that is the next step." REALLY?!?! You take the next step with someone because you are inspired to, because you love how your feelings for the person grow day by day, because you love how that person makes you feel, not because "It's been a while and that's the next step"

A relationship should grow with each day and in that successful relationship that we all strive for the spark should never die. You should grow more fond of your partner each day you are together. The moment the spark dies in a relationship then both parties have started to settle. A relationship should inspire both people and the next step should never be a question. You should not take the next step in a relationship "because it's been a while and it seems like the right thing to do." You should take it because you want to! There are some quotes that come to mind when on this subject:

"I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you" -Should be true for EVERY relationship. You should not only fall for the person you are with but fall for the person you become as a result of the person you are with.

"Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you." -A relationship is made up of 2 individuals. Your individuality is what got you into a relationship, never lose it because when you do and that relationship is over it's harder to find yourself then it is to find a bad rebound relationship.

Settling is never a good thing. You will never hear anyone say, "I'm so happy that I settled." Never regret anything because at one point in time it was exactly what you wanted. You're going to meet the wrong people before you meet the right person so you know how good you have it.

No comments: