A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy And Single

Despite what you may think, being single is not a bad thing. I have heard this from a lot of girls and up until yesterday I didn't know how to explain this until I spoke with a good friend of mine that had just broken up with her boyfriend. She thought that because she was single then no one wanted to be with her. I had to let her know that this was not true. She can be with guys but as I pointed out, the guys that would be with her right now, today, she wouldn't want to be with and if she did go boyfriend up then she would just be settling for some jerk that won't treat her right instead of holding out for that one awesome guy.

You have to understand when you are single that you are single not because you can't find a relationship, but because being single is your choice. If you make the conscience decision that being single as of right now is your choice, and you stick to that decision and you actually believe it then you will be so much happier as a single person and you will be able to hold out for "that guy".

We all have that friend that has to be in a relationship all the time. That friend that is never single for more than 2 weeks. Think about that friend, their relationships never last more than a couple months at the most. This is because they can never accept that being single and waiting for that right person is their choice. They think that because they are single that no one wants them and they have to get right back into that dating pool to find that boyfriend or girlfriend so they are able to validate themselves. I don't care how your last relationship ended or how you want your new one to start. You need make that decision and realize that being single is your choice.

Once you learn and accept that you're single because you choose to be then it takes all the "need" out of dating. You don't need to date to validate yourself anymore. You are now dating to qualify someone to your standards. It's your choice to be single so you don't need to jump into a relationship with someone who has been throwing up red flags left and right. You don't need to date someone who you're "kind of into" just to be with someone. Choose to be single and accept that you are single because it's your choice. Once you can accept that then dating becomes fun again. You can go out and not worry about impressing someone because you don't need that relationship because you can choose to be single.

Chose to be single, realize that being single is your choice. Realize that you are not single because no one wants you. KNOW that being single is your choice and you are better off single than you are with some jerk as of right now. Once you do that then you will start to see many doors start opening for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers!

Love the post. There's no reason to be in pointless relationships. There is also no reason to lock yourself into a commitment, unless you are sure it is serious.

Looking forward to reading more of your writing.

JML said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JML said...

Hey Mason,
I wandered over to your page from Date in the Life, and I have to say that I totally agree with you on this subject. Thanks for putting this out there for the enlightenment of people. I'll definitely be checking back for more of your words of wisdom :)

~The Japxican

[Edit: I deleted my first comment because I accidentally forgot which blog I found you from]

JK said...

I love this post! So true!~