A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just Friends?

Hey-

There is a guy I have been talking to, hanging out with a bit- nothing major tho- that I know is into me. Without getting into too much detail, we were talking and he mentioned that he is going to his good friend from the city he lives in's summer family home for the weekend. This friend is a girl, who he also mentioned the friend does not know if her family will think she's weird for bringing a guy on the family weekend at the summer house visit. My thoughts 1. why is he telling me this? I really don't want to know. 2. if up to most girls, they would pick just fam over fam plus 1 'good' guy friend- unless they wanted to hook up with them. Which just brings me back to #1. Is he just stupid or trying to make me jealous? I really don't get it and its a huge turn off to talking to him further! Please guy decode this!


Hey,


There are a couple explanations for this depending on the type of guy he is. If there was anything going on between him and the girl then any smart guy wouldn't bring it up. The fact that he told you it was a girl could be construed as that it is just a friend. Guys and girls can be just friends, I have girlfriends that I go away with and visit where everything is strictly platonic.

You said there is nothing major going on between you two. I am willing to say that there may be something going on between him and her just for the mere fact that u and him are not committed yet and him describing her as his 'good friend' is his way of making you think there is nothing going on so he still has a chance with you when he gets back. I wish I knew more about the situation so I could answer more directly but this is a very vague situation and it could be either completely platonic or it could be him trying to cover his tracks using the 'friend' card.

No comments: