A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bust A Move

Dear Mason,

I started hanging out with this guy when school first started. He was really nice to me at the time. He coaches for a dance troupe after school, I asked if I could tag along and he said yes. After doing that, we hung out a lot more in school. There was also this one time when he asked me if I could go watch a movie with him [through text]. I did end up going...ahehehe.... He has also asked me the question if I had a boyfriend, and of course I don't, duh! So ya, we really hung out a lot during the first month of school. There was another time when he asked me if I wanted to go to this real fancy restaurant in campus. We had a great time. Everything went well. The week after though seemed a bit different. We didn't talk as much, partially because I started feeling too shy, and I' wondering if he's beginning to lose interest in me, because my liking him has kinda just started.... it's only been six weeks, so I wouldn't like to think that someone can be interested in another and then just stop. I want to show him that I am interested before it's too late. What do i do?


V


V,


6 weeks and nothing yet? There is such a thing as taking it too slow. You need to be forward and take the reigns. It sounds like you are sitting back waiting for him to put you in a position where you can show interest. Instead of waiting you need to jump up and make something happen. Ask him out, take him somewhere, and take control. I'm not saying to be completely in his face but you need to make your attraction obvious.

Flirting is always good and gives a playful atmosphere to anything. There are lots of little things you can do to broadcast attraction but the best way to do it is to simply tell him, "I LIKE YOU!". He obviously is interested if he is asking you to the movies or taking you to dinner now you need reciprocate!

The longer you go without making a move or letting him know you are interested then the further away you will push him. The opposite of interest is disinterest and if you don't show that you are interested then the guy will assume disinterest and why would someone want to keep taking out and hanging out with someone who is not interested?

It has been 6 weeks and that is a long time to spend hanging out with someone and not know if they are interested. You need to make a move and you need to do it fast.

No comments: