A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not So Friends With Benefits

I met a lad at xmas on a nite out an went on our 1st date in january it was a friday night, i know i was stupid but i went back to his an stayed the nite. The next day he didnt stop calling and txting me, an again we met up went out for the evening an i stayed till the Monday. This went on for 4months meeting up from work during the week for drinks spending weekends in fancy resturants an hotels and daily calls and txts , we were close and a couple. Our last weekend was diffrent he was distant just wanted to cuddle, in the morning we said bye that was that i didnt hear nothing from him for a week despite calling him. When he called me two weeks later he said he had met somone else and it was over and not to contact him again. I was really hurt and cut all ties. A month went by and he called me out of the blue asking how i was i told him i was fine and had moved on, he told me that the new relationship had ended he regrets way he treated me. Altho i met his mother and brother i never met his friends or was invited on nights out but the new girlfriend did although she didnt stay at his house or meet the family. He has asked me out a few times in the past two weeks but i just dont know what to do

HELP

x


X,

You have to walk away from this. Do you really want to hang out with someone who will drop you for another girl any minute? Guys are creatures of habit and if he did it once and got away with it then more than likely he will do it again.

Meeting his family isn't that big of a deal if it doesn't mean a lot to him. He probably introduces everyone to his family but knows it will make you feel special but after 4 months you didn't meet his friends? That is a huge RED FLAG. You should have ended any type of relations after not meeting his friends after the first month.

My roommate is this same way and has 1 girl he will not introduce anyone to. The only time he hangs out with her is when I am out of town because he is embarrassed by her. Lucky for him I am out of town at least once to twice a month.

You need to not talk to this guy. The only reason he is talking to you is because he knows you guys used to sleep together so it's an easy rebound after his relationship. He can go back to sleeping with you until the next girl comes along. This guy wants nothing more than to be secret hook up buddies and unless you're ok with being that girl that no one knows about and he won't tell his friends about then get out. This guy is not relationship material and only wants 1 thing from you and that's not a relationship.

1 comment:

The Girl in the Mirror said...

Haha I love that I met that girl... I still have to meet your roommate for the story to be complete though.