A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Monday, June 2, 2008

Hey! Its me! That guy who doesn't want you to think he is like every other guy

I was exploring the blog world the other day and stumbled upon this post from The Girl In The Mirror who writes A Date In The Life and I absolutely loved it. If you don't read her blog then you need to start, she is awesome! There was so many true things in the post that I wanted to do the male version of it.


Hey! I saw you sitting over there with your friends. My friends and I have been noticing you girls all night but we were busy over here talking about which one of you is the cutest. We have also been arguing with each other about who is going to go up and start talking to you girls. I didn't want to because I saw some guys over there with you.

I'm glad you walked to the bar alone, it gave me a chance to make it look like I didn't mean to talk to you, I just needed to make sure my elbow bumped yours so it didn't look like I was completely hitting on you when I started talking. I like your shirt and what I mean by that is that I like the cleavage. I'm going to try my hardest to keep eye contact when talking to you because I don't want to get caught staring at your chest. I will only glance every time you look away because I think I'm smooth and I can get away with it. Who are your friends? I'm asking this instead of asking if you have a boyfriend because I don't want to seem too forward.

I'm here with my friends, I don't want you to think that I'm here to pick up girls with my friends so we'll just say that we are out to have a good time. You are too? That's really cool. Ya, I like this bar a lot. I come here at least once a week just because there is a lot of good looking girls here. I'm going to pay for my drinks with the wad of $5 bills I have or my American Express and make sure you see me do it while I'm talking to you but I won't say anything about it.

What was your name? One of the coolest girls I know has the same name as you. I thought I'd mention that I have friends that are girls so you know that I can get along with girls. Now that I know your name I can approach you again in a little bit and it won't seem too weird. I'm going to go back to my friends now to report back on you.

I don't want to seem like a creep so I'm not going to be staring at you too much. I do think you are really pretty though. I see you over there talking with your friends and not looking over here, I'm telling all my friends that the boys you are with are just work friends and that I think all your friends are single. I also told them that I think you are the cutest and that you are the one I want.

I have had enough drinks with my friends and now that I have received a little bit of liquid courage I am going to walk up and talk to you.

So you guys all work together? That is interesting. I'm going to talk with the guys a little bit more just so no one thinks I'm trying to pick anyone up here. Your friends seem to like me, now they won't get creeped out if I talk to you. I'm just here to have a good time.

I'm going to call my friends over here now. Remember I was nominated to be the one to talk to your group first so I need to get them in the door with your friends. I'm going to introduce my friends to you and then we can merge groups and my friends can talk to your friends.

Now I should buy you a drink but I don't want you to see me as a guy to get free drinks from so I'm going to excuse myself to the restroom and get myself a drink on the way back.

I'm back. Ya, I grabbed a beer on the way back from the restroom, you should have told me you wanted something and I would have grabbed it. You're silly. Now I seem like a nice guy and girls like nice guys so you should like me. I notice every time you smile, play with your hair and touch my arm. This is good, you are flirting back. You are shorter than me. I know you know that but me telling you again allows me to put my arm around you. You didn't pull away, I think you are a cool girl and your friends seem nice too. I need to tell you this so you know that I have standards and I don't become smitten with any girl that talks to me.

Oh, I just got a text, it's another girl but we are just friends. Now that I have my phone in my hand I see there is something wrong with my phone, your number isn't in it. I know that is super cheesy but I thought it would make you smile and it did. Go ahead and put your number in my phone.

I'm going to call you from my phone right now so I know you gave me a real number. I'm calling you so you can have my number too. There now you clear the call so you can save my number. My friends are flirting with your friends, I hope they aren't creeping them out or else I won't have any chance with you.

We are leaving now but we are going to have some people back at my place after this if you and your friends want to go. By people I mean, my friends that I am with here and your girls. Oh, you have work tomorrow? Ok well I'll call you sometime this week and by call I mean text.



I texted once and called once and now I have too much pride to text or call anymore. I will just assume you were drunk and don't remember me, that's fine I'll just call some other girls.

Oh ya, I did text and call, that was hours ago though. Oh that's ok if you were at work, I was busy all day. I wouldn't want you to think I was as lazy as I really am. You were fun the other night, lets get together this weekend.

I don't know, do you like baseball? Great I have tickets to a game and we can go to dinner and then the game. It's ok I'll teach you all about the game when we get there and help you cheer for the right people.

I would normally just call when I'm outside but I don't want you to know that and that is why I decided to come to your door. Oh ya, I remember your roommate, she was at the bar with you too. She is fun I like her. I hardly know her but I like her because I know it would score negative points with you if I didn't

You look great tonight. I will be cute and open the door for you but this is going to be the only time I ever do it. Ok, we are here at the restaurant, I want to hold your hand to walk in because I think you look really pretty and I want everyone to see me walk in with you but it still seems too soon.

Here we are at dinner, I brought you to this restaurant because a friend of our family owns it and I think it will make me look cool if I know a lot of the people that are working. Go ahead and order anything you want. Just stay away from the really expensive stuff, I'm pretty sure that food is reserved for anniversary's and birthdays. See how many people I know here? Doesn't that make me look real cool and popular.

Dinner was great and I think it was cute that you actually seemed sincere about paying when the bill came. I invited you out so I will cover this date. You can make it up to me by taking me out next time.

These seats at the game are great. Ya, I know a guy and dropping names also makes me seem cool as well. I think it's cute that you keep asking all these simple questions about the game. When I am answering your questions I think it makes me look really smart and I think you should know that.

I know, it is getting dark here at the game. Here, you can wear my jacket and cozy up next to me. I think it's ok if I put my arm around you. You got even closer when I did. This is great.

We should leave now and beat the traffic. I know it's still early, we can go grab a drink. I know a great place, this is the same great bar I have taken the past 4 girls too and they all seemed to like it so I am going to stick to what works.

I know, this is a cool place, you have to see the view from the patio. I know it is super romantic. I'm trying to be a super sweet guy here. Is it working? Lets grab our drinks and come on the patio. I'm going to make fun of the drink you get and say it's girly just so I can see you giggle again.

I know, this patio is very romantic. I am going to use the same line on you that has worked with many girls in the past because I want to kiss you now. I liked the way your eyes lit up after I said that. Surprisingly you aren't a bad kisser, I would know, I have experience. Well My drink is done and I do have to work tomorrow.

I like how you let me hold your hand on the way back my car, I think you may like me. I am still trying to figure out if I like you. You are a good kisser and you are cute too. That doesn't mean I'm going to like you, in fact, I don't know why I really liked any of the girls I really liked but I wouldn't mind seeing you again. I know you may get attached but I'm going to keep my distance for a but to see if I actually like you.

I wish you would invite me up now that we are parked in front of your place. Oh your roommate is up? It's ok, I understand you not wanting your roommate to see me walk in. We can make out some more in my car. Making out is fun and I already know what I'm going to text you when I am on my way home. Ya, it is getting kind of late, have a good night and tell your roommate hi for me.

I had a great night, now you get to plan the next one ;-) I make sure to text the smiley face because girls love smiley faces. I have respect for you because you didn't escalate anything past making out. If I'm lucky? That was your response? Now you are trying to play hard to get, I think that is cute but it would be more attractive if you dropped the games. Well good deal then, I'm an extremely lucky guy. Have a good night and I will talk to you tomorrow about the next time we are going to see each other.

3 comments:

The Girl in the Mirror said...

Nice job. Love it. :)



Oops! You were right! Us girls do like happy faces I guess! Haha

Cari said...

interesting! so then how does it go on other days? when do they realize they just want booty calls?

Mason Stanley said...

booty calls are normally a result of having sex really early on in the relationship, whether it be the first couple hours or the first couple days. It's all the same without the guy putting in quite the effort. After sex early on then it is almost expected from then on and that is why the girl is classified as a booty call.