A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Miss Confused

Dear Mason,

I was dating someone for a year and then we broke up because he said he wanted space. We used to live together and everything. I was single for a while and now I have just started dating a new guy for about 2 weeks now. After my ex found out I was dating someone else he started telling me that he wanted me to move back in with him. He said he still needed his space but it would be like we were together and we would only sleep with each other and we would live together too. I still have feelings for my ex but I also really like this new guy that I'm dating cause he is such a sweetheart and does everything for me. I can tell he cares about me and he is always trying to do stuff for me. What do I do???

-Miss Confused


Miss Confused,

First you need to stop dating immature guys. Your new guy sounds like a VERY insecure guy and I would get out of that relationship asap. ANY guy who puts his all into a girl in the very beginning like the guy you described really has nothing else going for him except for the fact that he is dating a girl. It may seem sweet and adorable for a little bit but I don't give that more than 3 months until you get annoyed by his neediness.

For the ex, he just doesn't know what he wants. Guys are weird like that. Let me break this down step by step. This guy is confused, when he says he needs space it means that he wants to start looking into other girls to see if there is anyone better out there. By better, i mean better for him. When you start dating another guy then your ex gets jealous and wants you back. Any guy will get jealous if he finds out a girl he is sleeping with is dating someone else. If you go back to him then the same thing will happen again and he will ask for space. Do you really want to date someone who doesn't know what they want? Even worse, someone who doesn't know if they want to be with you?

You should cut off ties with your ex before he confuses you more. It will be push pull until the bitter end if you end up going back to him. Delete his number, erase emails, just cut him out of your life completely. Use this new guy to help you get over your ex. It won't last long with him, I can see you ending it early because of his neediness but it will help you get over your ex and find yourself in the process.


-Mason Stanley

No comments: