A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Confidence Is Key

I’m a 25 year old single mother of two kids. The big issue I have is that childbirth has really done a number on my tummy, specifically in the stretch mark department. Most of my friends are guys, and I’ve asked them about this, but I’m pretty sure they are trained to say “You’re beautiful, you’re perfect” as a natural response to any female loaded question(not that I blame them). I honestly want to know though: How do guys feel about a pretty, fit girl, yet with a lot of havoc in the tummy area? I feel like if an equally attractive guy goes out with me with clothes on, he’s going to be in for a shocker when we decide to take it to the next level. On the other hand, the only option to fix the scars of this severity is to get a tummy tuck, which I tend to feel awkwardly about too. So what does the average guy think about surgery scars or a tummy tuck on an otherwise (hypothetically) flawless woman?



Honestly,
A

A,

Surgery scars are just that, scars from surgery. I don't mind them at all. A scar is something someone can't control. I have a horrible scar where I had a cyst removed from my tailbone but I know that I can't do anything with it and I am comfortable with my body enough to not let it affect me. The point is, it's not the scars that are the issue, it's you being comfortable with your body to not be self conscious about the scars.

Have you ever gone to the pool and seen an overweight guy wearing a shirt in the pool? We all know he is wearing it because he is self conscious about his body and doesn't want to take his shirt off. In turn it just broadcasts his insecurities making them worse. On the other hand, you have the over weight people that don't mind taking their shirts off and dive right into the pool. Those are the people you don't think twice about. They have come to terms with themselves and are confident in their own skin.

You are getting self conscious about what guys will think. Confidence is sexy in a woman, regardless of stretch marks. You should do what you want to about the stretch marks to make yourself feel comfortable in your own skin. How can anyone learn to love you and your body if you can't first? If you think your confidence would boost with a tummy tuck then do that. The key is that you are confident in your own skin and once you start exuding that then the stretch marks won't matter.

Of course there are going to be guys who don't like them but then again, those are the guys that aren't interested in you.

No comments: