A Place Women Can Get Answers From Men

Welcome to Ask Mason!

For years I have listened to female friends of mine complain about guys and ask for my advice over and over again. As a guy, a lot of their problems are simple for me to diagnose but women just don't understand men like they should. I have been giving advice to women for years and now this is your chance to ask me anything. Don't hold back.

All names and email address will be kept anonymous. Email any and all questions to mstanley669@hotmail.com

I am also on MSN with that same email from time to time. Feel free to talk to me there and ask questions as well. Conversations may be posted but names and emails will be changed.


Friday, August 29, 2008

Can We Make It More Obvious

Hey there Mason,


I’ve already sent you an email before inquiring about my situation (Booty Calls: Not Just For 1 Night Stands.) I have yet another dilemma, I decided that it would be a bad idea to date this guy, so the next time he asked me what was going on between us I told him that I had feelings for him and that I loved hanging out with him, but that I just didn’t think it would be a good idea to date him at the current time, and that sleeping with him just further confused me. He agreed and said he thought it would end badly if we dated, he liked the fact that we had no commitment, and that there was a large age difference (we’re five years apart.) As he was driving me home I told him that I didn’t want him to think that I was hurt or anything, and he said that I had made it pretty clear to him that I didn’t want a relationship with him, I retorted that I really could have gone either way, but that the points he had stated earlier that night were valid. Since then, things have progressed normally…he still contacts me daily asking how I’m doing, we still hang out, and we’re constantly with each other, and throughout everything he has consistently honored my request of no longer having sex anymore. My birthday came, and he took me to dinner and a concert in the city where he didn’t let me pay for anything, and he even bought me a tiara for my birthday. Later that night he wanted me to go to his house to hang out and watch a movie, but I headed home anyways…the next morning (which was my actual birthday) I received a vase filled with pink roses from him and a note wishing me a wonderful birthday. I’m not really sure what’s going on…does he have feelings for me and want something more…or is he just being friendly? I’m really confused…please help me!

-M

M,

Duhhhh!! Of course this guy has feelings for you. He has such feelings for you that he is honoring your request of not sleeping together! Most guys in this situation would honor the girls request by not talking to the girl anymore and moving on. I have done this a few time myself!

How do I put it into words that you can understand... It's basic guy thought, "It happened once, it can happen again." That is the normal thought process so he is sticking around waiting for something to reignite because it happened once so it can happen again. The guy is giving you your space in hopes you will think, "This guy is honoring my requests, he is so sweet, maybe he is a guy I can see myself dating."

Think of it as the classic, "I have a crush on my best friend" syndrome. That is how he is towards you. The guy is obviously romantically interested in you and is just respecting your wishes to not sleep together... for right now, because that's how he is thinking. If he thought there was no chance of anything ever then he would not be doing all this stuff for you.

Bottom line is the guy is interested, he has feelings for you, he wants to be with you, however you wanna say it. THE GUY HAS A THING FOR YOU!

No comments: